The Living City
The Living City

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Experimenting with Evolution Programming

As part of looking into evolution in programming, I wanted to modify this blog to be a little better-themed to my design matrix. What I figured could prove useful is a system that adapts its form to the presence of other objects. To integrate that idea with this blog, I wanted to make a background that adapts its form the location of the mouse. Depending on how useful it proves, this could be reapplied later in 3D for form generation in my final project.

Currently, I've got a background that reacts to the mouse and uses the HTML5 canvas element. This was a test I threw together to see if it'd have any problems when working with Blogger or Firefox / Chrome. There's two canvases being used at the moment, but I'll roll back a version tomorrow so I can instead have one large canvas that will let the evolving block units interact more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment