The Living City
The Living City

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Re:Design Matrix ReDesign Matrix

Confusing post title, but this post is essentially documentation of some brainstorming for how my Design Matrix is best structured. The original idea I had could be integrated, but this one seems much more sound and able to be translated into actual experiments, rather than the frankly woolly ideas I was working with before (shown in an interactive 3D environment in this post).

Now that I've settled on a title of my graduation project (evolvedDesignInformant), I'll be uploading my work, progress, and thoughts to this blog. Also, the idea of evolution is now established as perhaps the strongest influence on the work I'll be doing. It's a philosophically and mathematically challenging set of ideas to get my head around, but I think I'll get a lot out of it with enough focus. Anyway, on to the design matrix...



EVOLUTION
  • Physical buildings, "bemes"
  • Metaphysical society, memes
  • Virtual design informants

PROGRAMMING
  • Physical interpretation and adaptation to physical stimulae through arduino
  • Metaphysical programmatic encapsulation of emotions and personality in the parts of a place that give it "life" in a sense -> involve yahoo pipes?
  • Virtual modelling of evolution, expanding generic and specific knowledge base [GENEric, SPECIfic -> concepts of evolution can be applied here, too]

MODELLING
  • Physical laser cutting, 3d printing, manual modelling, "genetic recombination" of these methods to produce new mutations
  • Metaphysical programmatic encapsulation of emotions and personality in the parts of a place that give it "life" in a sense -> involve yahoo pipes?
  • Virtual grasshopper [deterministic, evolution], interactive 3D environments

No comments:

Post a Comment