The Living City
The Living City

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Quick Revamp of City Evolution Snapshotter

I noticed that certain images were being grouped together in the feed provided, creating sequential sets of data from like sources. To fix this, I found a clean, generic shuffle() function someone had written in Javascript, based on what they called the "Fisher-Yates" algorithm. This lets the image feeds be viewed the way I intended: in a random order, so that at a glance you have a good chance of seeing the face of the city for what it is to its locals and visitors.

Here's the latest version of the City Evolution Snapshotter script, and here's some more screenshots:


A link to the bigger image is here.




A link to the bigger image is here.




A link to the bigger image is here.




A link to the bigger image is here.




A link to the bigger image is here.



I think something based off these snapshots would form a good background for the panels I'm producing for tomorrow. Like a randomly varied genome, I'll replace random sequences of images with new information.

Also, a note for me to read later: upload the timelapse of a proto-city evolving in Grasshopper with Galapagos!

No comments:

Post a Comment